New Tamarua MP sworn in at Parliament
Papa Pukeiti Pukeiti is the proud new representative for the electorate of Tamaru in Mangaia after having been sworn into Parliament on Monday by the Speaker of the House, Mapu Taia.
Papa Pukeiti is a long time grower of produce and wants to revive agriculture to boost the economy of Mangaia as a way to keep his people from leaving the island for life abroad. Papa Pukeiti was campaign manager for the late Mii Parima for 19 years and his faithful service has been rewarded by his candidature resulting in his historic win against the odds.(considering it had been earmarked to be abolished by the Democratic Party).
Kia manuia to Papa Pukeiti who was accompanied to Parliament by his proud wife, Oiaua and their son
Herald Issue 439 11 February
- ‘I wanted to finish 3 years ago’ - Sam Pera Jnr?
- Government hangs Ruaau out to dry
- Flies reach epidemic level in Arorangi
- Economic Summits – Talking the Talk or Walking the Talk
- Parliament: Deregistration, Fuel farm and OIA amendment
Herald Issue 445 04 February
- The third political party: Why?
- Christmas message
- New Party will offer decisive leadership
- 2008 Kokonati Oscars of the year !
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year